Thursday 24 September 2015

Dine at Fiesta OVEN FRESH bake n' brew


It is probably true that when you are hungry, things you would probably never even put in your mouth tastes sublime. I do not deny I was hungry to the point where a bowl of a dish was merely a plate size to me, but I can still identify the flavours going down my throat. 
One hunger stricken evening and I had to make a quick stop. Thankfully Fiesta OVEN FRESH bake n' brew was closest to me then. With a burning stomach I was planning for something prepared from dairy products rather than something spicy. The gastric reflux has been bothering me a lot lately.
It didn't seem like a cafe though inside. The place was more like a family dine out space for me. Interior is bright and the couches had tables with the right size. So i did not have to break my back bending forward to eat. 






I needed something to go easy on my stomach and though I was there for a proper meal, the croissant was just too tempting to pass. It was surprising to come across a croissant that was golden brown, with perfectly puffed up layers which were distinct when you check after the first bite, and didn't coat my palates with any unwanted fat. This croissant was done with care, and I can say that since I was edging for another before remembering that I asked for a pasta and cake slice and I am dining alone.




Tuna Macaroni probably doesn't get too many points for presentation though. Pasta was cooked perfectly, and the creamy sauce had oregano and basil. None of the flavours overpowered the other and neither were they too strong and sharp on the tongue. The herbs went smooth with the cream. The cream sauce was generously served and the goodness would often ooze out from the macaroni when pressed with the fork. There were a few tuna chunks and oregano made a harmonious bond with the fish. I would have preferred a slight hint of garlic and a generous sprinkle of black pepper, though black pepper may disturb the gentle character of that sauce.
Garlic bread slices were nothing but biscuits on the plate. 


Then came their special OVEN FRESH special cake slice. It was basically a dense cream cheese cake, with the combo of a thin chocolaty layer in the middle and sticky orange top, on a crust that you probably cannot even feel when it is in your mouth. The flavour of the orange coats around the tongue and chocolate is a nice mix with it. I was happy with the overall result since the cake wasn't gooey or crumbly and the cake came as one.




What was even surprising was that for a satisfying meal the prices were just too reasonable for the present days and yet only a few chairs were filled. My total bill was about Tk580. People probably failed to notice something good at the corner of the street. 
I will hopefully dine again and next time I am going for Spaghetti Bolognaise.

No comments:

Post a Comment