Saturday 21 September 2013

American Burger


One of the best burgers, if not the best, this city offers is the American Burger.
The barbequed patty with the smoky flavour is wonderfully moist and hidden between two soft halves of a bun. The lower half has a nice serving of mayo and ketchup. The burger is well complemented with french fries which are perfectly crispy on the outside and soft inside.
The burger used to be a lot better about 8 years ago. The quality dropped and the bun started being dry and leaving a grainy feeling in the mouth. For me, burger buns must have a soft core which should be easy on my jaws; eaten without much struggle. Burgers with buns that need a lot chewing and moistening with saliva, making you thirsty is something I really hate. Recently they are lifting up their standards and the burgers taste good again.
However, management needs much work. When you are becoming something popular, one thing you must never ignore is the management. Poor management often kills a good business. One night I was charged a price higher than what was mentioned on the menu. The menu said "Vat included", but after my meal they told me that prices were "Vat Exclusive" and they will charge 15% Vat on that meal. If I didn't have extra money, that could have been really embarrassing. What if someone didn't have any extra and ordered by the menu considering what he had in his pocket? Honestly, I shouldn't have paid them another extra paisa. That night, I would say it was a dishonest business!

No comments:

Post a Comment