Tuesday 18 June 2013

Lamb Cutlets at Gloria Jean's Coffees Bangladesh


If you like lamb, you will definitely like biting on these lamb cutlets. They are nicely flavoured and the distinct flavour of rosemary makes them very delightful.  The pieces have a good thin layer of fat above, making them juicier and also adding flavour. However, I never enjoyed eating such fat and had it not been for the rosemary, I would not have been able to put it in my mouth.
Meat was nicely cooked and that part of the sheep is always great to eat. I would prefer French lamb chops to these cutlets to avoid the fat. But if you like the fat, go for it.
Mashed potato was nicely seasoned. Bok choy was perfectly cooked, and first served over-seasoned and then under-seasoned , but got it right in the third serving and I liked how it was flavoured with a bit of garlic.
What I didn't like was how they were served. Eating them on a tray with cutleries is really tough, though the best way to eat them is by holding the rib to bite the meat.
So I would give this dish 8 out of 10.
Price could seem a bit on the higher side, but the portion, quality and service are worth it. So I find it reasonably priced.
Gloria Jean's Coffees Bangladesh always provide a great ambiance.
I am a happy customer and would have been happier had they been French lamb chops than cutlets with the fat. May be next time I will ask them to trim the fat for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment