Saturday 22 June 2013

My favourite Chef

The top name in the list of my favourite chefs is not Gordon Ramsay, the most talked about Chef, or Anthony Bourdain, the traveling American chef with a great palate (should have visited Bangladesh cutting short his stay in India for some great biryanis cause I find Bangladeshi biryanis better than Indian ones), or Curtis Stone, the Australian Chef who is the eye candy for women around the world and is also really good in his trade (exceptionally good!!!), but its Chef Marco Pierre White. Chefs like Ramsay, Curtis Stone, Jun Tanaka worked for and trained under him. Not often do you find a chef returning his Michelin Stars, but Marco boldly did that. He thinks he had more knowledge than the Michelin Inspectors, and it might sound arrogant at first, but when you watch his videos or read about his work, you will find the justification in the act and in his words.
Certainly no other chef can make you feel the authentic taste of ingredients from the screen merely with words like Marco, and I haven't seen another genius like him. Gordon comes close to him but Marco Pierre White is Marco Pierre White. His knowledge is top class and I bet its hard for even critics to judge his work. Over the years, he polished his skills, and is the best in the world in my opinion. I haven't tasted his food in his restaurants, but he brought the flavours to me wonderfully from his shows. He is a real artist with long hair left to dance clumsily in the air, in a white chef's coat with a broad kitchen knife in his hand to slice through or pick food to taste.
If you want to improve your skills as a chef, follow the man, watch his videos and trust me, you will learn a lot. Like I said, that man is a genius!

No comments:

Post a Comment